The past few years have proved that “secure jobs” aren’t so secure, and that means there is an incredible opportunity for people, who desire to work hard, to pursue entrepreneurship. Whether you’re planning to exit the military or the corporate world, you can take your skills and experiences and turn them into a profitable business that benefits you, your family, and your community.
In this workshop, Nathan will provide an honest and vulnerable look at his own challenges transitioning from Army Special Operations to starting and running multiple successful small businesses, achieving financial independence, and building a rewarding home life.
He’ll explain how to take the skills you’ve learned in your previous work, adopt an entrepreneurial mindset, and set a course towards a professionally and personally rewarding life. Don’t be fooled that this is “get rich” with “little to no work” class. Life doesn’t work that way! However, if you’re willing to do the work the possibilities offered by small business and entrepreneurship are limitless!
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn the key factors to consider when starting a small business.
- Consider the pros and cons of different business structures.
- Be introduced to common pitfalls for aspiring entrepreneurs.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Conduct a self-evaluation and skills inventory to define potential business ventures.
- Start to test their small business idea to learn its potential.
- Create a plan of action for scaling their business and understand when and how to make it a recognized entity.